Inward Mobility:

Study Abroad and Exchange Program


SRM University accepts students from overseas on short term study for a period of one semester or two semesters. The study Abroad students can come to SRM either during Fall or Spring. The Fall term is from July to December and Spring term is from January to May.

As a general guide, SRM University requires a C average for entry into the Study Abroad and Exchange program. Entry to individual subjects may be dependent on prerequisites and class limitations.  The study Abroad or the exchange students can enroll in courses for  a maximum of 25 credits per semester. SRM University will assess each study Abroad or Exchange student the same way in which the regular full time degree seeking students of SRM University. There will be an end semester examination after which an official transcript will be issued to each student indicating the credits earned and grade awarded.

Who can apply:

A student can pursue courses as an Exchange student in SRM only if his/her home university has an exchange agreement with SRM.

A student can pursue courses as a Study Abroad Student in SRM even if his / her home university does not have an agreement with SRM.

How to Apply:

Students can apply directly to SRM University by downloading the appropriate application form . Download 

<Click here to download the Learning Agreement / Study Proposal form >

In order to be accepted as an exchange student  or Study Abroad student, you must be nominated as such by the responsible coordinator of the exchange program at your home university. This coordinator needs to sign the Learning Agreement / Study Proposal form confirming the nomination of the student.

  • Select the courses that you want to pursue at SRM. You may refer to our website for an up-to-date information on the courses. Please note that Odd semester courses are offered in Fall Term and Even semester courses are offered in Spring Term.
  • Fill in the Learning Agreement / Study Proposal form and get it signed by the authorized official for study Abroad program in your home university. In case the courses are modified upon arrival to SRM, a modified learning agreement / Study Proposal form needs to be submitted with a month of the commencement of classes.
  • Fill the application form for Study Abroad / Exchange program
  • Attach the following documents along with the application form
    1. signed nomination form
    2. copy of passport pages with photo and personal details;
    3. transcripts of academic record (in English or with English translation);
    4. motivation/statement of purpose (in English);
    5. two letters of recommendation;
  • Email the copy of the application form and supporting documents listed ( 1 to 5) to: