SRM Student Copter Research Organization is a zealous and vivacious organization developing Copters and their useful outreach under the auspices of SRM University, Chennai. It was established in August 2013 by two enthusiastic and dynamic students of SRM University, Sathappan. G and Satyanarayanan. J under the able guidance of Assistant Professor, Vinoth Kumar. A and Dr. Vasudevan, Head, Department of Aerospace Engineering and gracious support of Dr. Muthamizhchelvan. C, the Director of Engineering and Technology and Dr. Narayana Rao (Director Research).
SCRO started off with the two budding enthusiasts making an autonomous quad copter which in itself was a motivation, which gradually evolved as one of the leading research organisations in Chennai. The journey has been phenomenal where the team has grown to two mentors, six core members, few juniors and many interns, receiving continuous support from SRM University in all capacities. SCRO takes pride in winning various national level projects and conducting air shows in various universities along with extensive research work in the field of copters, continuously developing them suiting present needs. These achievements have gradually resulted in many government and private organizations crediting SCRO for their work and assigning projects for practical use in various capacities.
The team is positive to continue their work with the same coherent aims and objectives and continue doing developments in this field to the best of our capacity.
- Aero 360 – National level Aero modelling Competition involving more than 30 teams from various universities through out India, the team won 9th position in the event.
- Singapore Space Challenge ’13 – Two members of Team SCRO participated in a team 5 members in the Singapore Space Challenge and won 2nd place among various team around the globe. The other team members are Kavithasan Patkunam, Samay Sega, Rahul from Aerospace department, Third Year , SRM University
- Drona Q1, Q2 – The Autonomous Aerial Quad fabricated and tested by the members of team SCRO during November 13, 2013.
- Rudra T1- Tilt rotor based tricopter carrying a FPV camera sending live relay of video and constrained area flying.
- Vayu H1 – The H-Quad designed, fabricated, tested for High Altitude sensor carrying mission drone.
- Ashwin & Astra – delta wing, flat base dihedral depron models.
- Albatross – Trainer stick plane for piloting practise.
- Vaamana M1- Mini Quad weighing 196g with indoor manoeuvring capabilities.
- Static Model – A model enacting the Airbus 320 made out PVC foam.
- AAWMD – Autonomous Ambient Weather Monitoring Drone designed, fabricated, tested and demonstrated in the International Metrology Conference Held in Chennai on February 21, 2014.
- AAWMD 2 – The next level of AAWMD inorder to test the spectroscopy at altitudes greater then 1 km.
- PDS – Payload Delivery System for autonomous delivery of payload from one location To another.
- Micro Quad – Innovative design in creating a micro quad manoeuvring autonomously into confined Area.
- Car Copter – A multi rotor model which can act as both land and aerial vehicle.
- Airship – Lighter than Air vehicle for high endurance flying within a given region.
- HPV – Heavy payload Carriers.